CCLK

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Something to share with my friends..

Today was a tiring day. Went to a stupid seminar called "Bina Negara". It was extraordinary hot stucking inside the dining hall of 9th college. So small and the worst thing is that it's 'fan'-conditioned, hot.. Didn't pay attention to what the person talk from starting till the end, instead I read articles about choosing life partner with reference of Bible (Genesis Chapter24), where Abraham is preparing to choose a bride for his son. I find this chapter teaches us a lot and guides us in choosing our life partner. I would like to share this here for all my friends who believe in Christ. The very foremost lesson I can see through this chapter is that we should establish biblical dating guidelines.

1) Choose my life partner who can share a spiritual life with me, in other words, a Christian. (2 Corinthians 6:14 - 15, "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? ... ")

2) Seek divine guidance. This can be seen through Gen 24:12, the servant prayed to the Lord to give him succuess.

3) Pray often. Always pray and let God guide through the whole process, from the moment you see someone who may interest you, till every moment you take another look, to know him/her more.

I believe God will prepare the best for us, the right person, at the right time. God has His own plan in each and everyone of us. So friends out there, don't be upset when your previous relationship is a failure, don't blame God. God wants us to learn more and more from each relationship, to become a better person. Each relationship does come with great responsibilities, treasure them and learn to accept things as what they are. I believe in one day, all of us will live happily with our other half.

That's all I want to share. Time for bed.. Haha..

" Father, thank You for giving me such clear and concise wisdom from Your Word about finding a life's partner. Lord, there are just a lot of men and women out there for us to find. But the right one is out there, Lord. So Lord, if it's Your Will for my friends and I to have a husband / wife, and they apply the divine guidelines and seek Your guidance, then, Father, they have a wonderful blessing awaiting them. Father, I prayed for my friends and myself today, Father, give them patience, wisdom and the heart of seeking Your guidance and Words. I prayed all these in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home